Hello, I'm Kaye.
Human, female, introvert, therapist, Enneagram #9, HSP, crafter, Star Wars fan, mom, grandma and lots of other things, in no particular order.
- I am a Licensed Marital and Family Therapist (Tennessee Lic # 766), with a Master of Marriage and Family Therapy degree. My undergraduate degree is in Psychology and Sociology. My prior therapeutic counseling experience includes an adoption agency, psychiatric inpatient facilities, a university counseling center, a non-profit counseling agency, as well as contract and salaried work with an Employee Assistance Program.
- I am a Clinical Member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (www.aamft.org.)
- I am a Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (CSAT) through training with Dr. Patrick Carnes (www.sexhelp.com) and the International Institute of Trauma and Addiction Professionals (www.iitap.com). CSATs are trained in a well researched program of recovery and healing for persons struggling with sexually compulsive behaviors or addictions. CSATs also work with spouses or partners of addicts to help them understand intimacy issues and to assist them in dealing with the intense feelings of betrayal and confusion that arise upon discovery.
- I have completed the Two Part Basic Training in EMDR: Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (www.emdr.com) for trauma resolution.
- I have finished an externship and Core Skills training in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (www.iceeft.com.)
- I have been offering therapy to couples and individuals since 2007.